– In two games against the Hornets, Tim Duncan is averaging 23.5 points and eight rebounds. Jeff McDonald reports that he will play tonight but Gregg Popovich says it’s “almost certain” that he won’t play tomorrow against Philly.
– Spurs injury report (updated as of 6:25 CST): Tony Parker (tightness in left hamstring) and Tim Duncan are playing tonight. Gary Neal (mid foot sprain) will not play. Manu Ginobili and Tiago Splitter (back spasms) did not join the team in New Orleans.
– Hornets injury report (updated as of 6:25 CST): Trevor Ariza (ankle), Chris Kaman (illness), Emeka Okafor (knee), Jason Smith (suspension) are out today. Carl Landry (second degree MCL strain) will play his first game since Feb. 4.
– New Spur Justin Dentmon will probably be slated to be the primary backup point guard for Parker tonight.
– San Antonio is 6-5 on the second game of a back-to-back.
– Kawhi Leonard totaled 19 minutes combined in his first two games against the Hornets. Now that Richard Jefferson is gone, his minutes have skyrocketed to 27.6 minutes per game this month.
– Tony Parker will play tonight and you should expect him to play well. He’s averaging a double-double (19 points and 12 assists) against New Orleans.
– Forward Jason Smith is serving the first of his two-game suspension for his Flagrant-2 foul on the Clippers’ Blake Griffin.
– New Orleans allows 65.3 percent of shots at the rim to be converted. That puts them 26th in the league. Offensively, they aren’t much better. Their FG% at the rim is 59.9 percent.
– New Orleans is No. 3 in defensive eFG% (field goal percentage adjusted for extra value of a 3-pointer) from 3-point land. Teams have posted a minuscule 47.1 percent mark against them. Only Boston and the Lakers are better.
– Jarrett Jack had his way with the Spurs defense in their two-point loss on Jan. 29. His line was 26 points on 12-for-22 shooting, six rebounds and nine assists. Jack was 7-10 from 16-23 feet.
– Before the Spurs acquisition of Boris Diaw, Chris Kaman was a hot potential pickup (Editor’s update: Kaman will not play tonight). In his last 10 games, he’s averaged 16.4 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.0 blocks while shooting 48.7 percent from the field.
Tags: Boris Diaw Carl Landry Chris Kaman Emeka Okafor Eric Gordon Jarrett Jack Jason Smith Kawhi Leonard Manu Ginobili New Orleans Hornets Richard Jefferson San Antonio Spurs Tiago Splitter Tim Duncan Tony Parker